Discover more from Catherine Churchill medium
10 Grief Healing Tips
As a medium, I speak with people experiencing different levels of grief on almost a daily basis. I was fortunate to interview many grief experts during my time hosting a podcast on the topic of grief. One of the many valuable insights I have gained about grief, is that each person's grief journey is as unique as their relationship with the person they've lost. Because of this, there is no right or wrong way to grieve. It's important to respect your own grieving process and give yourself permission to navigate it in your own way.
Here are my 10 grief healing tips that may help you on your grief journey, use what resonates with you:
1. Allow yourself to feel: It's so important to give yourself permission to experience your emotions. By acknowledging and honoring your emotions, you begin to create space for healing.
2. Seek support: Surround yourself with understanding and supportive people. Lean on supportive friends, family, or even support groups who can listen to you when needed.
3. Self care: Take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally as much as you can. Engage in self care activities as much as you possibly can, whether it's taking a walk in nature, or practicing mindfulness.
4. Honor your loved one: Create a special space in your home where you can honor and remember your loved one. Display their photos, light candles, or write letters to them as a way to maintain a connection.
5. Seek professional help: Consider reaching out to a therapist or counselor who specializes in grief counseling. Some people find they provide valuable guidance and support throughout the healing process.
6. Spiritual practices: Explore spiritual practices that resonate with you. Meditation, prayer, or even energy healing can help you find solace, and help you connect with your loved one on a deeper level.
7. Journaling: Writing down your thoughts and feelings can be a therapeutic way to process grief. It allows you to express yourself freely and reflect on your emotions.
8. Rituals and ceremonies: Embrace rituals or ceremonies that celebrate the life of your loved one. Lighting candles, creating an altar, or performing acts of service in their memory can bring you comfort and healing.
9. Visit a medium: If you're curious about connecting with your loved one, consider visiting a medium. Connecting with your loved one through a medium can provide you with validation that they are okay.
10. Be patient with yourself: Healing takes time, and there's no right or wrong timeline. Be patient with yourself and practice self compassion as much as you can.
These tips are meant to provide guidance and support, but ultimately, trust your instincts, always do what feels right for you. Grief is a deeply personal experience, and there's no one size fits all approach.